Superovulation of Embryo Donors
*All hormones should be stored at -20°F until use*
Pregnant Mares Serum Gonadotropin (PMSG)
- Thaw 1 frozen tube of PMS and add 1ml of PBS or 0.9% saline.
- Inject 0.1ml IP using insulin syringe at mid-day (12:00 pm)
- Do not re-freeze remaining hormones.
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)
- 48 hours later at mid-day, (12:00 pm), thaw 1 frozen tube of hCG and add 1ml of PBS or 0.9% saline.
- Inject 0.1ml IP using insulin syringe.
- Immediately after hCG injection, the females should be placed 1:1 with the transgenic stud males.
- The following morning, remove all females from the males’ cages and check for copulation plugs.
For example, if embryos are to be collected on Thursday:
PMSG is given Saturday at mid-day
hCG is given Monday at mid-day
E0.5 is Tuesday
E2.5 is Thursday
The E2.5 pregnant females should be delivered to K024D by 9:00 AM.